What information is collected and for what purpose
2. As part of the Site account opening process and to allow us to provide services to you, we will ask you to provide us with certain personal information, including your name, postal address, e-mail address and password as well as to certify that you are at least 13 years old or older in jurisdictions in which the minimum age for use of the Service is greater than 13. Therefore profiles of minors under 13 years may be created by parents and/or legal guardians provided they control all data and information posted and use their email and contact information for communication. In addition, when you use the Service we store certain personal information, including information on your activity on the Site and information held on Devices (defined below) or systems that you use, to allow us to enhance the services that we provide to you. We, members of our Group, our affiliates and third parties providing services on our behalf will use your personal information for various purposes such as: to provide services to you; identification and vetting purposes; statistical analysis and research; research and development; marketing, market research and customer profiling; data analysis;
We may disclose your personal information:
1. if required to do so by law or by regulatory authority;
2. if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary:
3. to comply with any law or comply with legal process served on us;
4. to protect and defend our rights or property;
5. to any regulatory body or licensing body or authority;
6. to third parties for the purposes of settling or making payment in connection with any wager;
7. to third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf;
8. to any third party that purchases us or our business or any part of us or our business;
We and other members of our corporate Group may occasionally send you events and news information or information regarding new services and to provide you with customer support services. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, you may opt-out. Your personal information may be processed by us, other members or our Group, our affiliates, our agents and third parties providing services to us, in jurisdictions outside of the European Economic Area. In this event we will comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 2001 under the Laws of Malta. The name you register with us must be your own name. In addition, it is very important that you complete the account details with valid information, since it will be used in the course of validating financial transactions and the other aforementioned purposes. You are required to advise us of any relevant changes to your personal information.
Users are able to change account details in their profile settings.
You should also do your part in protecting your information. Your Login Credentials are confidential and you are obliged to keep your Login Credentials secret and confidential at all times and to use your best efforts to protect their secrecy and confidentiality.
Limits of Confidentiality
4. Legally Required Disclosures: Due to the legal, regulatory and security environment in which we operate, BeScouted™ (BS) may be required, under certain circumstances, to disclose personally identifiable information about our Users and we may not be permitted to inform you that we have done so. BeScouted™ (BS) will use reasonable endeavors to limit such disclosure to the following: where BeScouted™ (BS) believes in good faith that it is required to do so in response to a subpoena, warrant or other legal process; or where reasonably necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities to preserve and/or enforce BeScouted™ (BS) rights. Further, we can, and you authorize us to, disclose your User identification, name, street address, city, state, post code, country, phone number, e-mail, and company information in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy or other unlawful activity or activity that may expose us to legal liability.
Who receives your information?
All recipients of your personal information shall be bound by applicable data protection laws to keep your personal information private at no less a level than that by which we are bound.
Your rights in relation to your information
6. We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. You can write to us at any time to review, change, obtain a copy of your information or have your details altered or corrected in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 2001 under the Laws of Malta and in this event we may require evidence of your identity. In order to contact us regarding your information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We may in certain circumstances levy a small charge to cover the cost of administration regarding any request made by you in this regard.
7. Cookies are text-only strings of information that are downloaded to your personal desktop, laptop computer or mobile device (each a “Device”) when you visit a website. They are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes those cookies.
Cookies are very useful and are used for many different purposes. These include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving user experience. Sometimes cookies are used to help ensure that adverts you see online are relevant to you and your interests.